Friday 6 March 2015

Bought the bike!

With only around 500 left on the road, NSR 125 are becoming as rare as their bigger brothers. There are never many up for sale and bikes needing a little bit of work and with no MOT are fetching £750. I didn't want to spend over £500, so went for a 'Spares or Repair' example that I picked up for quite a bit less than that!

It's a JC22 2001 (51) with the 'Foxeye' lights. There is quite a bit missing, but I am hoping it just squeezes into the 'Repair' category and I don't end up breaking it for spares as so many others are being. At least parts shouldn't be too hard to source...





The fairings are not too badly damaged and easily rescuable, but it's missing both front mirrors, indicators and, of course, the side panels. The latter two I missed the most, so to sweeten the deal the guy threw in a left-side panel from an older JC22 that has the Mick Doohan style NSR graphic. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment